4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Oh, the ever loving Selfie

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Oh, the ever loving Selfie






**Click Title Below to Read Article **

Scientists Link Selfies To Narcissism, 

Addiction & Mental Illness


What do you think about this?


While you are pondering this, 
here are a few selfies of me.






Here is what I think of the whole selfie thing:

I am not a narcissist. 
I despise those who are. 

Yes, I am addicted to social media.
But I am lonely and it occupies my time.

No, I am not addicted to posting selfies
by no means, but I do like that I am 
beginning to like certain things about me.

Yes, I do have to take several pictures at a time
in order for me to find ones I like.

And yes I suffer from a mental illness, 
but it has nothing to do with me taking selfies.

I do love attention, but when I post my selfie
I do not do it with the hopes or intention of
getting likes and comments.
I do it just because I can.
I am finally getting a little more 
comfortable at seeing myself in print.
I grew up hating having my picture taken.
I hated seeing myself.
I thought I was so ugly.
I am no way near 100% comfortable 
in my own skin (hence the fact I only
do head shots) but I am working on it.

Of course I understand that some 
people can take selfies to the extreme. 
 I am sorry it causes problems for some.

We all have our reasons why 
we do the things we do.
Honestly, I think that the professionals
have blown the whole selfie thing out of control.
But it is what it is.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.