4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Mental Illness Awareness Week

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mental Illness Awareness Week



So as you are well aware,
I am the 1 in 4.

When I was 19, I was put on Prozac.
I basically drank my early 20's away.
Now, needless to say, 
things didn't always mix well.
Alcohol and my Prozac were the best of friends,
more like frenemies, for sure.

When I was 25, I got pregnant.
Therefore, I quit drinking and smoking cold turkey.
Being pregnant also meant no Prozac.
I waited tables at Bob Evans during my pregnancy.
I survived but I am sure I left a lasting 
impression on some of my customers.
Hah!  Good old 1996.

Since then I have been on almost 
every medication on the market:
Prozac (of course), Valium, Trazadone, Remeron, 
Celexa, Wellbutrin, Lexpro, Effexor,
Paxil, Abilify, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Ritalin, Adderall.
(I know I am missing quite a few.)

The medicinal cocktail I currently am on is
Cymbalta (daily), Klonopin (as needed), Adderall (daily),
along with Metoprolol (for high blood pressure), throw in the Depo-Provera birth control shot, and top it off with 
an inhaler or two and here I am.

I have Major Depressive Disorder, 
Generalized Anxiety Disorder, 
High Blood Pressure, Chronic Fatigue,
Seasonal Allergies, and Asthma, 
just to name a few.

This week is Mental Illness Awareness Week.

I will leave you now with a little information!




width=400
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.