4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Change Starts With Me

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Change Starts With Me



https://www.facebook.com/KevinDohertyOnline
 

I believe Lao Tzu was right.  In order to change the world for the better, I must start with self-transformation.
It seems Mahatma Gandhi had the same idea.
He said "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
 
I think that these two were onto something.
(AHA Moment)

So let me get this straight,
I have to change the way I feel about myself
by learning to love all that is me unconditionally,
accept who I really am, and become
consciously aware of my existence.
In turn, this will give me the confidence
and freedom, for me to develop the ability to
positively influence the people around me.
(Self-Realization Kicks In)
 
Change in the world really does start with me.
 (AHA Moment #2)
 
I will take the necessary actions to
accept every aspect of my being.
I deserve to be loved by me.
I must take care of me first.
This in turn will make me able to take
 care of others effectively.

Change will be accepted by the world.
 
I know that loving myself will bring me inner peace,
therefore improving my existence,
making me a good example to follow. 
 
Change will have a genuine impact on the world.

Now the work begins. 
It is going to be tough for me.
Yet, I know that this is something
I need now more than ever.
Negativity, be gone!
No more apologies for who I am.
I am me.
I can truly make a difference
in the world around me.

Love will be my gift to the world.

Let the transformation begin!

**Desired Outcome**
If I love myself, the world will love me back
 
 

.
 
post signature
 

3 comments:

  1. Well, if your change doesn't start with you, where will change come from?

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course from me but it is such a tall order to change the world too :)

      Delete
  2. The story is told of a couple of Zen monks who were in New York, and bought a couple of treats from a sidewalk vender. They gave him a hundred dollar bill, since it was all tat they had. They stood and enjoyed their treats. But the vender had not given them their change. So they asked about it.

    To which the vender replied, "Change must come from within."

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.