4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Grateful

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grateful


/


   Tomorrow I turn 43.  
Sounds old, doesn't it?
It may, but I am still young inside
and wild at heart.
Some say I even look like 
I am still in my thirties!
Go me!
Thank you very much.

With a new birthday year upon me 
and with the troubled year 
2013 has been for me, 
feel like maybe 
I should dig deep
 and find 43 things 
I have been grateful for.

This is the biggest 
challenge yet for me.
Depression makes you 
forget the good in life.
Sometimes all I see is the 
dark side of life.

So here I go:

1.  To be alive
2.  Being able to love despite 
being broken hearted
3.  Not being bitter with love
4.  My daughter
5.  My parents
6.  Knowing that my parents
did everything they could 
for us growing up
7.  I can read and write
8.  I chose to blog
9.  Being able to become a mother
10.  Having an Associate Degree
11. Beauty I find in each day
12.  Hope
13.  Facebook: for keeping me company
many a Saturday night
14.  Roses
15.  The color pink
16.  Being able to dye my hair
17.  Learning love from strangers
18.  Kindness of others
19.  Having clothes on my back
20.  Music
21.  Daydreams
22.  Peace Signs
23.  Pretty things
24.  Clever words
25.  Thesaurus
26.  Soft blankets
27.  Cymbalta
28.  Margaritas
29.  Knowing when to say when
30. Good food
31.  Chocolate
32.  Peanut butter fudge I got from 
my mom today for my birthday
33.  Shelley for taking me to work everyday
34. To be stronger than I have ever imagined
35.  Waffles the pig for 
teaching love of an animal
36.  For all the support and comments
I receive from other bloggers
37.  Having a job
38.  A roof over my head even 
though it isn't ideal
39.  Free food once a month
40.  To be free 
41.  To be older and finally wiser
42.  Having a heart that is open 
and ready to be loved.
43. Live another day no 
matter how rough it is.

Oh my goodness!  I did it!
I actually thought of 43 
things to be grateful for.
I just wrote whatever came 
to my mind and I could
have definitely wrote
so many more grateful things.
But it was so hard to not want to write
all the negative thoughts down that
came across my mind first.
My head kind of aches now.

Ha! This was such a great exercise for me.
Who knew that I, Jamie, 
could actually be positive.
Hey, at least the best I knew how!

                   post signature

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's great. And great that you can bring so much positive from negative times! I wish you all the best and a very happy birthday tomorrow (whenever that is because of timezones etc)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Good to focus on the good, the positive, vs the reverse. Maybe if each day you say that aloud to yourself it will start things off right for you. 43 doesn't sound old to me, heck I'm looking at 63 come my next birthday this year...somedays I feel it, but most I don't. I like to say I'm like Peter Pan...I don't wanna grow up I don't wanna go to school, lol. Wondering...would you do a Flat Stanley adventure? It's fun and I'm betting you'll enjoy it. Print, color your version of Flat Stanley, and roam around your city, neighborhood and snap some pictures...write up your adventure...share it with me so I could put it on the blog? It's a cool way for folks to learn things about other areas.

    Wall of Honor

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.