4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Meditation, Who Me?!?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Meditation, Who Me?!?



 
 
;
/


This is the last day for the
Blog-a-Day Blog Challenge.
I might shed a tear.

Anyway!
 
Confession Time:  There is something I have
always wanted to do.
 
I want to learn to meditate. 
 I want to be able to experience
inner peace without
falling asleep, of course.
I need to do this.  Why?
Because it is good for my health.
I believe that the benefits of meditation
 will greatly impact my life in a good way.
I have got to stop stressing out. 
I constantly worry about the little things. 
I let everything bother me.
I just need to chill out and relax for a bit.

 
Luckily, I just came across a very quick article on meditation from P & G Everyday
I thought I would share it with you.
Come on, you know you want to meditate too!


 How to Meditate

Learn how to meditate, relax and create
 a calming escape from your day with these tips.
 
Sometimes, stress can make us feel so overloaded that you’re barely keeping your head above water. Before you go splurging any money at a spa or a mini-vacation, try meditation — it just could be the little break you need. Learning to meditate is supposed to be one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself in life. Here is how to get started.

What is Meditation?When you think of meditation, you picture someone in the lotus position, index finger to thumb, chanting. While that’s one way of meditating, there are so many others. There’s a walking meditation, for instance, that’s tricky to define, but the common thread is a practice of focused attention on a regular basis.

What’s the Point?There are probably as many motivations for meditating as there are ways of practicing it.
Everyone thinks that the purpose of meditation is to handle stress, to tune out. But the point is actually to tune in — not just to de-stress, but also to find peace.

Let’s Do It!Sit quietly with your eyes closed. Put your attention on the tip of your nose. Breathe in and out normally, and feel the air flowing through your nostrils. Think of your breath as a faint cloud of golden light. Feel the soft energy being carried by your breath. Let it relax you, but don’t force it. The process will take care of itself!

Get your timing rightThe benefits are most evident with regular practice: Find a slot in your day you can commit to, when you can set aside about 30 minutes without noise or interruption. For most of us, that’s first thing in the morning or in the evening, but it could be your lunch hour.

Sit ComfortablyCross your legs, kneel, put them straight in front of you – whatever suits you. Sitting on a cushion might help. No slouching on the couch, though! It’s important that your back is straight. Regularity and keeping a straight back are the crucial factors.
Once you let go of the fear of looking silly and give it a try, you could find that it was the perfect break to your day that you needed. Who knows — it might even be better than a massage!

Now, how simple was that?
I don't know about doing it for the whole 30 minutes, but I will shoot for
15 and work my way up to 30 minutes
(if I have the time).
Yes, I know I am already making excuses.



I do promise all of you that I will take
time out, maybe not everyday, but 
when I can to spend a little me time
Ahhh! Meditation just might
be for me after all!

Thanks to P &G Everyday for this quick read!

post signature
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.